It’s no longer 2020; at least we have that. In 2021, we here at PAVC are looking to expand our tasting of PA wineries! For now check out recent sessions with Galen Glen and Mazza Vineyards, and stay tuned for more to come.
If you work for a winery that would like to be included in a future session, contact us here.
Help Others Find Great PA Wine
How about writing a review of your favorite?
Or suggesting a new one to add to our list?
Are you a member of our Pennsylvania Wine Drinkers Facebook Group? If not, join us today! We chat all things Pennsylvania Wine, as well as PLCB picks, in store experiences, online ordering, general wine trends, and more.
A Taste of the Lost Pennsylvania Grape
In November I presented to the Historic Foodways Society of the Delaware Valley about the fascinating history of grape growing and winemaking in Pennsylvania. This session can be viewed on demand on their website.
This was part of my promotional tour for my book Lost Mount Penn: Wineries, Railroads and Resorts of Reading,
More Wine News Around the Commonwealth:
- It’s award season! Check out results for the 2020 PA Sommelier Judgment and the 2021 PA Farm Show Wine Competition.
- In big local acquisition news, Allegro Winery purchased Pinnacle Ridge.
- PA’s favorite wine of 2020, at least based on PLCB sales units, was Apothic Red Winemaker’s Blend. See the full list here.
- Discover how PA’s newest maker of fine wines just happens to be kosher.
- In a peak 2020 moment, the building that was to house Karamoor Estate’s planned tasting room caught fire in November. Thankfully no one was injured.
- Owner Chuck Zaleski called the 2020 harvest the best one in 10 years at Fero Vineyards.
That’s it for now — stay safe out there everyone!